Mid-Wales Refugee Action aims to support refugees by providing volunteers to go and work in camps and distribution centres, fundraise and collect donations such as clothes, bedding and other essential items
We are not linked to any political parties or religious organisations.
We have organized many trips that have taken volunteers to the North of France where they have worked in distribution centres, the Calais jungle, La Liniere refugee camp (Dunkirk) collaborating with Kesha Niya, L’Auberge and others.
To see a list of what we have done in the first half of 2017 go to half yearly report June 2017.
Since June 2017 we have:
- Participated in the event Optimising Volunteering to Support Refugees, 5th June 2017
- Organized Vigil for Grenfell Tower Victims, 17th June 2017
- Sold tea, coffe and cakes at Repair Cafe in Bowling Club
- Call for Machynlleth Town of Sanctuary, June 2017
- Stall at Machynlleth Market, 21st June 2017
- Projection of “On the bride’s side” at Magic Lantern Cinema in Tywyn, 23rd June 2017
- Signed letter (by Global Justice Now) to M&S asking to stop funding hate through advertisement in Daily Mail
- Action “Stop funding hate” at M&S Aberystwyth, 11th July 2017
- Stall at Machynlleth market, 19th July 2017