If you can, please consider supporting MWRA
with a monthly donation.
These are invaluable in enabling us to plan and organise our work sustainably, and direct our energy and time where it is most effective. If you can’t commit to a monthly donation, a one-off donation of any amount will make a difference.
Where does your money go?
MWRA’s running costs are extremely low. We don’t have paid staff or an office to maintain – we are all volunteers working out of our own homes and community spaces. What money we have we raise entirely through donations, much of this collected at our regular fundraising events and film nights, but these events cost highly in terms of volunteer energy, time and resources.
100% of your our money is spent on action with or for refugees, and on the logistics of making that action happen. This may include:
- Emergency payments for the welfare of refugees in camps when we visit.
- Items for local events, such as kid’s play materials, food, transport for refugee families to attend.
- Diesel for our van to carry volunteers to northern France.
- Emergency supplies needed within and around camps.
- Sometimes we pass on donations directly to our partner organisations (like Kesha Niya Kitchen) who are working on the ground to feed and support refugees in Northern France.